Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Monthly Favorites #4 | facial masks




Here is my Monthly Favorites for September - facial masks. Since the season is changing from summer to autumn, I think it's important to amp up the skincare routine with some hydrating and clearing masks. 

A few that I've been using lately:

1. fresh Rose Face Mask: This mask smells just like real roses because it is infused with real rose petals which hydrate and tone the skin. It consistency is kind of like jelly, my skin feels luxurious after using this. Since it's a bit pricey, I use it only once in a while.

2. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores: This one doesn't feel as luxurious on the skin as the fresh mask, but my skin does feel cleaner after use. After opening the pores with a hot towel, you spread this mask on your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes while it hardens and works its magic. Seriously recommend this one.

3. Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off: Black sugar is apparently a great exfoliator, which is why I picked this up at Skin Food in Harajuku. My skin feels so smooth after using this scrub! You can probably make your own DIY black sugar mask but... I'm a bit on the lazy side (oops).







What kind of face masks do you use or recommend?? Let me know in the comments!




Love,

Samantha Mariko

17 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a charcoal mask! They make skincare totally goth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be gorgeous cosmetics! I must try them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review dear
    for me i prefer one that has honey
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Samantha!! I really want that Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off, sounds really intriguing :) I need to revamp my whole skin-care routine and stop being lazy on putting skincare products on my face haha. Thanks for sharing hun!

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masks are my favorite, but do to sensitive skin I have to be very careful when using them. These sound great!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i usually love cucumber masks, but that black sugar one sounds really interesting -- i'd love to try it!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice products
    I love origins skincare

    e d i o t
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sounds great. I do have sensitive skin but I'm open to trying these!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used foam whip (that blue packaging) from Japan, also another tofu mask from Japan. I'm all Japanese products fan hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your favs'

    I normally use the one from Lush but would like to try the one from origins :d


    Happy Thursday!

    Xxx

    Lodinatt Bag Review!

    EVENT!

    JOIN MY BLOGGER NETWORK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these. Might try them in the future. I found your blog interesting and decided to follow you straight away! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to hear abt all 3 of these masks b/c I was interested in them! I think the Rose one might be more preferable for me b/c I love the scent of rose esp at the end of the day to unwind :) I usually use the masks from The Body Shop which have been working pretty good so far!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. my mom uses the rose mask and likes it. i love skin food products.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!